This Code of Conduct has been compiled to establish acceptable ethical and legally compliant standards of conduct for all members and Tutors of U3A Warwick Inc. when involved in U3A activities.
The intention of the Code of Conduct is to provide guidelines to allow efficient, lawful and harmonious interaction between the Executive Committee, Tutors, Members and any other organisation you have dealings with on behalf of U3A Warwick Inc.
All members and Tutors of U3A Warwick Inc are requested, under the Code of Conduct, to behave at all times, in a way which upholds the following standards:
- Behave with honesty and integrity showing respect and courtesy to all
Act with care and diligence when dealing with members and other members of the public
- Treat everyone with respect and courtesy, and without harassment
- Avoid discriminatory behaviours with respect to ethnicity, culture, gender, sexuality, religion, age or disability
- Avoid behaviours that are inappropriate, disruptive, or intimidating or that would breach the rights of others to participate in U3A activities
- Comply with all Australian Laws
- Comply with any lawful and reasonable direction given by anyone who has authority to give direction
- Use U3A Warwick Inc. resources in a proper manner
- Observe strict confidentiality of organisational and membership information
- Behave in a way that upholds the values and good reputation of U3A Warwick Inc.
To understand if I am conducting myself in a correct manner, I should ask myself:
- Is it legal?
- Have I exercised “Duty of Care” (ie taken responsibility to avoid placing myself and others at risk of injury)?
- Will I be proud of what I have done?
- Are my actions consistent with U3A Warwick Inc. Constitution and By-Laws?
- Do I think it is the right thing to do?
- Would I accept the same from others?